1:1 Yoga Therapy
Yoga therapy uses the tools of yoga to support and empower you towards overall health and wellness.
Our certified yoga therapist Diane, will work side by side with you to develop lifestyle management routines for an improved well-being.
Yoga therapy clients typically desire relief from a health condition or symptoms they find bothersome or uncomfortable. Yoga therapy sessions focus on how yoga techniques can help one feel better, rather than improve one’s yoga practice or “cure” a condition.
Yoga Therapy Tools Include:
- Movement: Musculoskeletal stretching, strengthening and balance, appropriate for each individual and adaptable for any physical restrictions.
- Breath: Use of the breath to relax, focus or energize the body/mind.
- Relaxation: Relaxation techniques, hand gestures, basic guided imagery, simple meditation, mindfulness.
Yoga Therapy Assists With:
- Reducing/eliminating symptoms
- Improving quality of life
- Managing stress/improving resilience through self-regulation
- Increasing mindfulness of mind/body for self-care
- Guidance to implement a plan for promoting/maintaining one’s own improved health and prevention
Yoga Therapy can address a range of concerns including:
- Chronic pain
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke Effects
- Mental Health conditions such as depression, anxiety and insomnia
- Illness support for cancer, diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune diseases
- Healthy aging to address balance, osteoporosis, flexibility and strength
- Support toward improved breathing post COVID-19
Your private yoga therapy journey starts by filling out an intake assessment form, describing your specific concerns that you want to work on for self-healing. The yoga therapist and you will create a path to work in and around the challenges presented. Movement, breath, relaxation, and mindfulness practices are utilized to accomplish your goals. At the end of the session a written summary can be included for home reference.